Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Detoxification

So, I haven't been actively detoxing recently, but I have been eating mostly raw (orange/banana/raw cacao nib smoothie for breakfast, greens/sprout/avocado/superfood salad dressing with flax, hemp, spirulina, garlic, raw apple cider vinegar and sesame oil on a sprouted grain wrap for lunch, raw energy balls for snacks, and as far as cooked food goes, it'smostly just been curry and stovetop popcorn). I also recently cut refined sugars and bread out of the pictures, so that's left my body a lot of room to do it's thing... and it's thing has left me feeling slightly crappy and uncomfortable as old toxins, along with old emotions, have been loosened up in my body.

So I decided to start doing salt scrubs... I mixed some pink sea salt with coconut oil (I'm gonna add raw honey and essential oils next time and give them out to people for Christmas!) and massaged my body, specifically my neck and shoulders because my throat has been particularly uncomfortable, and it felt AMAZING.

Until we ran out of hot water. That's what happens when you live with 6 other people on a Thursday morning. Fuck you, lukewarm showers. Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment